Upcoming CompetitionsView or download
Entries Due two months prior to the meeting
Monthly Meeting Roster
Stunning praise from a respected VAPS judge Paul RobinsonThe August competition saw Jim Hancock receive tremendous praise for her image of 'Misty Dawn'.
View Judges comment and Image here
Adobe PDF Reader
Some documents on this site require the free Adobe Reader to view them. You can download it here.
Welcome to the Wodonga / Albury Camera Club Website
We are an Australian Camera Club located on the border of Victoria and New South Wales on
the banks of the mighty Murray River, and comprising members from both sides of the border.
Victorian Association of Photographic Societies
Annual Convention Weekend and Victorian Interclub Photographic Exhibition
June 4th & 5th 2016
Plus Friday Night Social Dinner and Monday Photo Shoot
Albury' hosted by the Wodonga/Albury Camera Club
main venue Albury Commercial Club
- Great presenters
- Fabulous social dinner on the Friday night
- Special extensive menu for the Saturday Awards Dinner
- BBQ on Sunday
- Special 'Stay another Day' programme for the following week
Start Planning your visit to Albury now!
Registration Forms are available for download under the Document tab, then Online Resources.
Please make sure your download the four pdf files for a complete picture of what on in Albury.
Click here for a quick link to the Documents section where you can download the required forms to register for the convention.
The May Meeting - 'Open Subject'
Another great meeting with a good roll up which is pleasing to see.
Our VAP's Judge for this 'Open Nature Subject' Competition was Jim Carr.
The Photographic Challenge (In a Shop) was Judged by Garry Pearce and won by Eric Boquet with Patsy Cleverly the runner-up.
Members are reminded that images are due in June is 'Open Subject'.
Congratulation to the winners and place getters for the competition!
The Competition winners were:
- Colour Print Advance: Mark Slater
- Colour Print: Debbie Shepherd
- Monochrome Print: Neville Bartlett
- EDI Advance: Wendy Stanford
- EDI: Kaye Kennedy
Overall: First - Jill Hancock, Second - Vicki Cain
Best in each category:
- 1. Wood and Metal - Susan Zimmer
- 2. Old and New - Deb Shepherd
- 3. Shadow and Reflection David Willis
- 4. Rough and Smooth - Yvonne Schnelle
- 5. Wet and Dry - Patsy Cleverly
- 6. Dead and Alive - Sharon Alston
- 7. Open and Closed - Brian Paatsch
- 8. Purple and Yellow - Dianne Groch
- 9. Bright and Dull - Bill Cleverly
- 10. Close up & Far Away - Graeme Milsome
The Paatsch Shield Challenge 2015
This competition is held between the Benalla and Wodonga/Albury Camera Clubs each year, with the host club choosing the date, location and theme.
Both clubs meet for the photo shoot, then each club chooses 12 images to represent the club. The hosting club then sends all the EDI images to a judge for scoring.
'Finding the past at Beechworth' was this year's theme and took place in August with a photoshoot taking place at the Cemetery and in and around Mayday Hills.
The presentation being held in November.
This year's challenge winner was the Wodonga/Albury Camera Club and the place winners were:
- Best Photo: Wendy Stanford WACC
- Second Place: David Willis WACC
- Third Place: Phil Bell WACC
- Merit: Rod Alexander WACC
- Merit: Jen Fawkes BCC
- Merit: Graeme Milsome WACC
The Albury Show 2015
The 2015 Albury Show was a great success despite the periods of rain. The numbers were only slightly down on last year, with the rain on midday on Saturday
accounting for the drop. After that the crowd picked up and were on par with previous years.
Entries for the Photography section were rewarding with some quality images on display.
We had the side awing for the photography section to ourselves to try our this year, with only poor lighting the only drawback.
A big thank you to Debbie and her helpers, for setting up and pulling down the competition.
Top of page